Monday, April 11, 2011

Finding Your Howl

Here you can find the the article that I am about to explain called Finding Your Howl.

The story that I enjoyed more was the story of Mumon. The basic idea of the story was a group of endangered wolves were taken out of the wild for protection then after having offspring were released. This was bad because they had forgotten how to howl, and they were forced to live in fear without a leader. Mumon, the main character from this point on goes on a journey to find his howl and become the alpha-male to save his pack from extinction.

Flaum uses this as a way of saying, the only way out of our prison that we place ourselves is straight through it. Or we must, “break the bars” if you will. Either way I think this is a good representation and I really enjoyed reading this article.

My Lyrics:
K’naan – Until the Lion Learns to Speak

“Until the lion learns to speak
The tails of hunting will be weak
My poetry hails within the streets
My poetry fails to be discreet
It travels across the earth and sees
From Somalia to The West Indies
It knows no boundaries, no cheese
It’s studied in parts of Greece”

These lyrics mean a lot to me just looking at the first two lines. I think this means that you have to find your voice just as Flaum said to become what you are destined to be. Though the rest of the verse is mostly just bragging it makes the point valid that he has found his voice and now it is heard everywhere. This is inspirational to me to one day have my work seen all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment